Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

EUREKA!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am currently working on a sports story for the next issue of ROB HANES ADVENTURES. Though I completed the script and was well along in doing the final art, for some reason, I never really had a satisfying or suitable title and in the past months had been racking my brains trying to come up with one.

Well, in a typical "eureka!" moment, I woke up a few days ago with a title that perfectly fit the tongue-in-cheek tone of the story, and re-did the splash page intro and credits to reflect it. (Click on the image below to see the revised splash page full size.) It's now called "The Pride of the Chickenhawks!", a tip of the hat to what many consider one of the best sports films of all times (and a "male weepie" along the lines of "Field of Dreams"), "The Pride of the Yankees."

Having been raised in New York, I am a Yankees fan by default. In fact, the team number assigned to Rob in this story -- "30" -- is a tribute to one of my favorite Yankee players when I was growing up, Willie Randolph!


Click here or on the image at right to see it full size.

No comments: