Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

RHA News Roundup

(Note: These news items will appear shortly in the next edition of my e-newsletter, Rob Hanes Adventures Update!)

Though it's been awhile since I last posted (sorry 'bout that!), there is a lot of new developments to report that I thought I'd capture in this single blog entry. So without further ado...

Rob Hanes Adventures #12 Completed!
The art to the next issue of Rob Hanes Adventures #12—pencils and inks—is now complete! I can't yet claim that the issue is fully ready to be "put to bed," but as I write this, with the exception of the very last page of the 20-page story, the issue is also already fully halftoned and lettered!

All that remains is some art and lettering/scripting changes and corrections. While it's a godsend that so much of my work on the series is now done in a digital environment which makes these kinds of corrections fairly straightforward and less labor-intensive, on the flip side it's a curse because the convenience of working digitally makes me more prone to going back to tinker and "fix" things. Oh, well, all that counts I guess is a better final product!!

Confirmed for the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con

It's official: I just received confirmation that WCG Comics will be making its TWELFTH appearance at the San Diego Comic-Con this July! Of course I'll make the usual promotional announcements about the location of my table in the small press pavilion as the date gets closer.

Release Date for RHA #12
When the completion of RHA #12 was immenent, I announced July 2009 as the release date for the issue. That date was chosen, of course, to coincide with the San Diego Comic-Con where I usually officially debut new issues of the title.

These announcements have also mentioned that the book will be made available to retailers through Haven Distributors, as part of a renewed push to get the series into retail stores.

Please note that as part of this effort, other than at San Diego, the availability of the issue by direct-mail order at the WCG Comics website may be delayed for a brief time. The purpose of this delay is to encourage readers to order the book from their retailer, and to ensure retailers are the first to have the book available for sale.

Expect more details about this shortly. In the meantime, if anyone has any concerns or questions about this policy, let me know!

--------
That should hold you RHA fans for now! There are a few additional exciting new announcements I have waiting in the hopper regarding future projects, but rather than risk information overload, I'll save them for now for future posts!

As always, thanks for everyone's continued support.

No comments: