Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2022

A Look Back at 2022

As we wind down 2022 and ring in 2023, I want to thank everyone for their continued support of Rob Hanes Adventures! This past year saw the release of issue #23, which featured international adventurer/Justice International investigator Rob Hanes involved in an adventure on the high seas, when a freighter he's been hired to protect is taken over by sea pirates.

I also did more promotion than I’ve done in many years! While my exhibition appearances traditionally have been limited to the San Diego Comic-Con, in 2022 I exhibited at the Comic Con Revolution Ontario, the Long Beach Comic Con in September, and of course the San Diego Comic-Con.

Also in July, I took part in one of my first comic book store signings in years and participated in a couple of online interviews, including an in-depth interview and career retrospective on the Blockhead: Cartoonists Talk Comics podcast hosted by cartoonist Geoff Grogan and as a guest at a meeting of the Comics Arts Workshop. In addition, I attended WonderCon in Anaheim in April and the Los Angeles Comic Con just this month. Whew! (I even found time to finally migrate the wcgcomics.com website to WordPress.)

I look forward to doing more in the coming year. In the meantime, I’m hard at work on the next issue, #24, where Rob “goes Hollywood” when he’s hired to investigate threats against a movie studio, in a story that takes Rob to Tinseltown, then to a film festival in Europe! More as we get closer to publication!

I should add that I have an exciting and fun tale planned for the landmark 25th issue, which will take Rob back to his adventure roots! Details to come!

As always, thanks to everyone for their support over the years. In the meantime, warmest wishes to all for a happy and prosperous 2023!





No comments: